Monday, March 4, 2013

Halfway marker


Unbelievable! Where is the time going? I cannot believe that today is the official halfway point of my exchange! I have completed 2 months, and only have two more months to go before I will be leaving Ecuador and off on another adventure, in the UK with my mum. I just cannot believe where the time is going?

The experience so far has been amazing. An opportunity to grow, and opportunity to make new and wonderful friends, to experience new things - it's just been amazing! I am so excited for what the coming months will bring!

Tomorrow we'll meet our new professor who we will have for the last two weeks of our third class. I am excited and nervous at the same time, as Judith, our previous professor for marine life and the first week of marine ecology was amazing, I really enjoyed her lectures. In 2 weeks, it will also be our 'spring break' where we have a week off. I am very excited for it, I intend on doing a bit of travel to the other islands - I would love to go to Isabela and Fernandina, Espanola and Floriana, so just looking into that now.

In other news, I had been sketching one afternoon when someone approached me and started talking to me. He introduced himself as Jimbo and said that he was a dive shop owner and was opening a new office. He then asked if I would be willing to paint a mural in his new office. So yesterday, I met with him and he showed me the new office - I am thoroughly excited!! It's all white and plain, so I have a complete blank canvas to work off - I cannot wait! I think I shall be starting this week, as he wants to open his new office in 15 days. Challenge accepted. I cannot believe I get to paint a mural though!! So excited!!

That's just a brief update from me :)

Hope you are all well out there in the cyber world, and loving life!

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment