Tuesday, September 14, 2010

jambo sana Finland!!

I am still very much adventuring around the world - It has been quite a while now since I have written my blog - oops. my bad.

Anyway, I find myself back again at a computer, compelled to tell you all about the amazing travels that I am currently undertaking.

Paris was an amazing adventure, exploring the city, seeing the flea markets, visiting the museums and the monuments, and seeing places that I have only ever read about or seen in films - I loved every minute - it was great to be able to see Chili again after so long of not seeing her and exploring Paris was such good fun - being in the Louvre was amazing, being so close to so many incredible pieces of art and history - I loved it!! I saw the Chateau of Versailles, I have been to the Chateau de Vincennes, I have seen sculptures and paintings of the old masters, walked among some of the most beautiful buildings and scenery - all in all, I am an exceptionally lucky person :) I got to wander around Paris at night with Chili and Philippe which was incredibly fun!!

For a change of scenery, I went to Strasbourg for 3 days, to see another part of France, so took the train for 2 hours and found myself in the provence of Alsace, its capital being Strasbourg. It was simply stunning, exactly what you would imagine a medieval town to look like and I had such a good time there. It was so much fun to go somewhere completely new all on my own, find my own way to my hostel, get myself around - epic fun!! Met a very nice girl who I am now still in contact with, aas she and I shared a room at the hostel - you meet very nice people :) The second day I was there I visited the town of Selestat which is south of Strasbourg and went to the Chateau fort du Haut-Kroenigsbourg which is HUGE and right on the top of a mountain and epically cool!! I went o Montagne des Singes and got to feed monkeys and have them touch my hand and walk among them - heaps of fun!!!! After my time in Strasbourg finished, I returned to Paris, spending my last day in Paris climbing Notre Dame and exploring the city one last time. I flew out Monday morning.

I now find myself out of Europe and into Scadinavia, in Finland with a very good friend for a week. It is very cool, what I have seen so far, and nice to be in a place where there are still sights to see, but is much more laid back as when in Paris, you feel obliged to do EVERYTHING and it is very tiring - but awesome!

It took 3 flights for me to get here from Paris, and I havce decided that Scandinavian Airlines must be superstitious as none of the planes had a row 13 - the things you observe during travel :P my friend picked me up at the airport where it was raining and grey, but I love seeing rain again, and even though it is cold, it is not unbearable - though I can imagine in the winter it must be quite different - I will come back here one year in the winter, it would be awesome. I spent today just having a bit of a chill day, relaxing and recooperating, then went with my friend to a tower overlooking toi town and the surrounds - it was sooo much fun and so incredible to see the view, the lakes and the forests are so beautiful here. I love it already, and I am looking forward toi seeing more of the sights when I go hiking tomorrow afternoon with my friend :) it is going to be great!!!

I will keep you all informed, take care!

Peace

Annie

P.S just over one month till I touch back down on Australian soil :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie - was confused when you spoke of Strasbourg, in France - I immediately thought it was in Germany (I was not too far off - but I have learned something). I can imagine there were some German influences nonetheless.

    You are certainly getting about - world citizen! Hope they think all Aussies are as friendly as you! (hard to capture in a blog or facebook, but you are doing well)

    Enjoy Finland and the rest of Europe. England next? What a wonderful world! LW

    ReplyDelete