Saturday, June 12, 2010

it's me again

Jambo Jambo!!!

Just come into town for a bit of adventure this morning and got to meet up with Tess and Emily which was fantastic!!!
So glad it is the weekend, it's been an amazing week but it has been quite tiring! Our work at the project is going very well (though I am sure OHS would have a few issues with our scaffolding and general building procedures heehee) but I am becoming quite the handy-woman - plastering, concreting, building doorframes and mixing cement. Anyone needs a house built when I get home, I have good hourly rates :P
Life here is still just as amazing though I will admit I do miss some of my home comforts, like my horses and my cats :( not quite the same falling asleep without Jasper purring in my ear. On another note, the two monthers have shipped out of base camp and into the Kili foothills camp of Kidio, living for 8 days in a local village, helping with the mamas in their daily chores and really experiencing village life - can't wait for our turn!! but it means that base camp is very quiet, only 15 of us left. But it means I can have two mattresses on my bed - HEAVEN!! unfortunately the thin mattresses mean that you can feel the bed slats underneath you as you sleep and can get a little uncomfortable on your hip bones but two mattresses is quite the treat. Life is just sooooo good!!!!

miss you all and ninakupenda kwa moyo wangu wote!!!! (google translate :P)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Annie!
    Whoa, two mattresses? Getting a bit fancy aren't we? Don't spoil yourself now ;)
    Hahaha, kidding! Conditions are sounding as interesting as the experience :P Am glad you're having so much fun!
    Hey, I'm sure if you look hard enough you might find some Big Jaspers who will be more than happy to purr in your ear... amongst many many other things (don't go looking for Big Jaspers... your mum will kill me) :P
    Take care!
    Ruya :)

    ReplyDelete